Essential of a Yoga class
1. The number one thing to look out for is safety. One should never push through any discomfort or pain.
2. It's not a competition. The environment and teacher should encourage one to work within ones limits, safely and mindfully
3. "The quality of your breath is the quality of your practice". Always breathe through the nose consciously and smoothly.
4. Each movement is to an inhale or exhale
5. The mind should be engaged with the breath and the practice. It can become a very meditative practice this way.
6. Pranayama (breathing techniques to enhance the life force) towards the end before meditation or Yoga nidra. The power of Yoga is in Pranayama
7. A simple meditation or Yoga nidra to end the class